The Cosmetici Magistrali product range includes skincare products built on key patented active ingredients and derived from advanced dermatological technologies. The brand is available exclusively in pharmacies, where products are bought by patients on either physicians' or pharmacists' advice. Therefore, the brand awareness in the general public is indirect, since it is through the professionals' advice that customers first become aware of the brand.
This determines the need for Cosmetici Magistrali of having a continuous monitoring of the brand perception by skincare professionals (pharmacists, dermatologists, plastic surgeons, aesthetic- doctors) and also makes it necessary to provide continuously valuable information and training about skin diagnosis and treatment options.
Taking into account Cosmetici Magistrali's specific needs, Healthware designed an online communication & education campaign including both web marketing activities and professional training programs.
Targeted at a both public and professional target, the communication campaign primarily aimed to ensure online visibility to Cosmetici Magistrali brand. This main goal resulted in the following multiple sub-objectives:
- obtain accurate and precise information about the perception of Cosmetici Magistrali brand by skincare professionals
- establish a presence on online spaces where users meet to talk about skincare
- enhance the brand recognition by the public audience
- strengthen the relationship with the pharmacist target
At the same time, Cosmetici Magistrali's commitment of meeting the needs of skincare professionals resulted in the goal of engaging and training the professional target (on one hand, dermatologists, plastic surgeons, aesthetic- doctors, on the other hand, pharmacists) about the treatment of the dermatological patient.
The strategy implemented to reach the communication objectives mentioned above consisted of a targeted media selection structured as follows:
- in order to obtain knowledge about the perception of Cosmetici Magistrali brand by skincare professionals, two email surveys were delivered respectively to physicians (dermatologists, plastic surgeons, aesthetic- doctors) and pharmacists
- the sponsorship of a topic within a discussion board about beauty & wellness established a direct contact with users interested in skincare treatments
- the sponsorship of the glossary related to dermatology area of paginemediche.it portal created a connection in users' minds between the brand and key issues in dermatology
- the distribution of a branded teaser video about a new reference in the product range helped to capture the interest of the pharmacist target
In addition, the designing and building of two online training programs for physicians and pharmacists helped the client meet the requirement of engaging and training the skincare professionals on the treatment of the dermatological patient.
- Email surveys to detect the brand perception by skincare professionals
- A discussion board to keep in touch with consumers
- A dermatology glossary
- A teaser video to engage pharmacists
- Interactive training programs for physicians and pharmacists
- Leaflets to promote the online courses offline
The marketing and communication activities registered valuable results.
The surveys delivered to physicians and pharmacists obtained an average conversion rate of 6% which is a very good response rate for a mail-in survey.
During the project lifetime, the branded discussion within ForumSalute obtained the highest number of views among all the sponsored discussions present in the discussion board: a spontaneous niche of users emerged, generating more than 100 messages about skincare and products.
The iPhone app containing the terms granted by Cosmetici Magistrali was downloaded more than 24.000 times in ten months.
The diffusion of the branded teaser video about a new reference in the product range helped to capture the interest of pharmacist target, as confirmed by the high open rate achieved (52%) with the Direct eMail Marketing sent.
The two training programs sponsored by the brand obtained more than 1.100 professionals enrolled into the courses. More specifically, the course aimed at pharmacists registered a very high number of enrollments.
In a nutshell...
The whole communication project allowed to increase Cosmetici Magistrali brand awareness and online visibility among both public and professional target. With respect to the public, thanks to the branded discussion within ForumSalute and the iPhone app, it was possible to boost brand image recognition as well as name recognition. In relation to the professional target, the surveys, the teaser video and the unrestricted educational grant provided by Cosmetici Magistrali for the two training program clearly represented the commitment of the company to meeting the needs of skincare professionals.