The primary objectives of the app were:
- to allow patients and caregivers to access the main services of the Centre via iPhone
- to bring the Centre closer to consumers and improve the relationship between physician and patient
- to address the growing need for immediate access to health care information
The app, available at no cost for download at the iTunes Store, was designed and developed by the Team for the iOS environment.
When the app is started, a button ("Search for Updates") allows to search for the latest updates from the website of the Centre.
A tracking system allows data tracking of all the pages of Monzino website accessed from the app.
The application is also integrated with Google geo-localization service and provides directions to reach the Centre.
The application, is structured into 4 main sections reflecting the Monzino website pages with the highest number of visits:
- The "News" section provides the latest news about the Centre. When the user taps on the news, the browser integrated in the app loads the related content present on the website of Cardiology Centre. The News section also contains a space to place banners promoting the events and initiatives of the moment.
- "Prenota" allows the user to book (or cancel) medical visits and / or diagnostic tests. Every time a request is sent, the Booking Center receives an e-mail with the details of the booking/cancellation while the user receives an e-mail confirming that the request has been correctly sent.
- "Medici" is the section dedicated to the medical staff of Monzino Cardiology Centre, searchable by name or operational unit. For each physician it is possible to view the operational unit he/she belongs to. It is also possible to access other services such as News, Press releases, Events, Publications and Blog.
- "Contacts" section makes available the contact information, the directions to reach the Centre and a list of affliated hotels with negotiated rates for patients of the Cardiology Centre.
Post the launch of iMonzino in the iTunes App Store, the app has enjoyed an average of 100 downloads per month. The application has helped to strengthen the brand awareness of Monzino Cardiology Centre improving its existing relationships with patients and caregivers and providing them with value-added features and interactive functionalities.
iMonzino app won a prestigious award in the mobile space (Mobile App Award) of SMAU, the most important Italian exhibition dedicated to Information & Communication Technology. The factors which contributed to the app winning this award are the "innovative nature" of the app aimed at a centre dedicated to cardiovascular diseases and the "excellent User Experience and appealing creative design" of the application.